Interstitial Lung Disease Research Unit Biobank
Establish a interstitial lung disease (ILD) registry and biorepository to lead towards a further understanding of the disease.
- Interstitial Lung Disease
- Idiopathic Pulmonary Fibrosis
- Pulmonary Fibrosis
- Hypersensitivity Pneumonitis
- Eligible Ages
- Over 18 Years
- Eligible Genders
- Accepts Healthy Volunteers
1. The participant is a patient at TUKHS or has agreed to participate in a study approved
by the KUMC Human Research Protection Program (HRPP)
2. The participant is being followed for the presence of autoimmune disease, ILD or other
rare lung diseases at TUKHS.
3. The participant is ≥ 18 years of age.
4. The participant has signed an approved consent for this study (living patients only)
- Study Type
- Observational [Patient Registry]
- Observational Model
- Time Perspective
- University of Kansas Medical Center
Study ContactKimberly Lovell, Ph.D.
The University of Kansas ILD and Rare Lung Disease clinic sees hundreds of new patients per year. The investigators would like to leverage this resource to develop an Interstitial Lung Disease Research Unit (ILDRU) repository and database to help develop new methods for early diagnosis, uncover underlying genetic and environmental risk factors, as well as potential treatment targets in the broad range of interstitial lung diseases and rare lung diseases (RLD).